Barnsley Carers Service
Our Service supports adults who provide unpaid help and support to a loved one due to illness or disability. We know that being a carer can impact your day-to-day life significantly. It can be both rewarding and isolating. Through this you may be unable to work. Your own health and wellbeing can suffer as a result.
Our service aims to promote the wellbeing of carers, so they can continue in their caring role and have a life of their own, by:
- Providing advice and information (including benefits advice)
- Running groups, activities, sessions and days out
- Offering practical and financial help with your caring role
- Delivering training
- Helping to raise awareness of carers rights and issues to the wider public.
- 1:1 support for carers to talk about how they are feeling, or to access support and information to help them as a carer
The service also runs regular financial clinics to help support unpaid carers.
For more information: https://cloverleaf-advocacy.co.uk/services/barnsley-carers-service
To request copies of leaflets or make a referral: firstname.lastname@example.org